Dropped signal/No Sim

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by otep1760, Mar 15, 2008.

1. otep1760 macrumors regular

otep1760

recently my iphone has been dropping signal a lot more often than it did before. i noticed it after the 1.1.4 upgrade.

i can be standing in one place and the signal will drop to one bar, and then to No Service. it usually doesnt gain signal back unless i switch it to airplane mode and then back again.

also every so often it says that there is no sim card installed the only way i can get rid of that is to reboot my phone. then its usually fixed.

so i was just wondering if i took it to an apple store if i would be able to get a replacement, only problem is i have a 4gb, would they have 4gb's to give me as a replacement or would i have to upgrade to the 8gb?

2. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

Couldn't hurt to take it to a store and have them check it out-- you would get a 4gb as a replacement.:D

3. otep1760 thread starter macrumors regular

otep1760

yeah thats what i figured, im going to head up to houston where the closest apple store is on thursday and im going to give it a shot..

will they just switch sim cards out and ill have all my information on the new iphone or will i have to resync?

4. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

Not sure...just make sure you have all backed up before you go in to be on the safe side

5. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

Of course you will have to resync.
    iPhones don't come with YOUR information on them.

6. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Definitely...

back it up, then take it in for an exchange at the Apple Store. You shouldn't have to re-boot everyday b/c it can't locate the SIM card! Tell them it's "wacked!":cool:

7. otep1760 thread starter macrumors regular

otep1760

i know that, i just wasnt sure if the information (contacts, settings etc.) was stored on the iphones simcard like it is on most phones

8. sdschwendener macrumors regular

This happens to me also on a 4 GB iPhone. I was until today running 1.1.3 and just upgraded. I have thought about going to the Apple store; if it continues I will.

9. rablat macrumors 6502a

rablat

No.
    Just like the 1st one you got.
    You sync it.

10. otep1760 thread starter macrumors regular

otep1760

ill be going on thursday, ill let you know what they tell me