Dropping iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Werrdd, Aug 15, 2008.

1. Werrdd macrumors newbie

When I went to the apple store to get my light leak checked out, the first thing they did was look at the dock connector. My question is, what are they looking at exactly? I know it has something to do with dropping the phone but not sure.

If someone could explain, that would be nice:D

2. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

I am not sure about the dock connector, but they usually always look into the headphone jack to check the water indicator. If the indicator there shows that the device has been in water, then your warranty is void and they will not repair it under warranty. They usually always do this to make sure that you are not trying to cover up a water problem with something else.

3. profetto macrumors regular

I remember reading somehwere that the iPhone has 2 water indicators, I knew one was in the headphone jack, maybe the other one is in the dock connector?

4. Donz0r macrumors 6502a

yeah i just got mine replaced yesterday, he took some hard looks at the headphone jack and dock connector.

I think it's because of the screws on the bottom, they're looking to see if they've been unscrewed at all -> opening up the iPhone would void the warranty and if you used a screwdriver on those screws you'd be able to tell.

5. BrunoMac macrumors regular

BrunoMac

I read on here somewhere that the other indicator is inside the phone. Sorry no link.

6. profetto macrumors regular

Could very well by, I really don't know. Probably makes alittle more sense to be inside.