Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gstevie

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2009
Glasgow
Hi All,

Since my install of beta 4 I am seeing dropped mobile signal sporadically. Last night when I installed it I thought there were issues being in the house, I have been using my phone this morning and when I was on a call it kept cutting out. When I looked at the phone it would show it had lost 3G/4G and down to one bar. After about 5 or 6 seconds it would be back to full signal.

Anyone else seeing this?

JDabney24

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2014
Yes, I'm experiencing that same issue as well. It's a bit odd that it doesn't seem as widespread, meaning, I'm not seeing a lot of people complaining about it. I'm on Sprint with an iPhone 6s Plus with the same problem. I've seen two other people on two different networks confirm the same issue as well (one on Verizon and the other on t-mobile).

See thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...xes-and-changes.1985737/page-16#post-23189980

More specifically post #379 and 389.

SpaceRhinos

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2016
Same issue. My issue is that it won't reconnect if it loses the signal, such as when going underground. Putting it in airplane mode will bring back the signal though.

Reactions: d5aqoëp

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Out of curiosity, has anyone that been experiencing this tried resetting network settings? Before I update my primary device, because this is a deal breaker, want to see if there is a potential solution.

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
Out of curiosity, has anyone that been experiencing this tried resetting network settings? Before I update my primary device, because this is a deal breaker, want to see if there is a potential solution.

Well all I did was a hard reset and it seemed to have do the trick. I haven't had it happen since about 9:30 last night. When it was happening, it would happen around 2-3 times per hour.

WaruiKoohii

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2015
Boston
New modem firmware and carrier settings in this beta, so there very well could be a problem with them.

Hard resets and resetting network settings tend to resolve connectivity issues, though.

Reactions: xavierhoxh

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006
Same issue for me. Hard reset fixed it for a bit. Haven't tried a reset network settings yet. I don't want to yet...

Apothacarion

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2009
USA
I am on AT&T. Tried hard reset and reset network settings and I am still experiencing this issue. I can not keep a call going for more than 10-15 seconds before it cuts out unless I am on wi-fi and have wi-fi calling enabled.

JDabney24

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2014
Spotlight search results stop pulling web, location, Wikipedia, and movie results over cellular data for some reason. Searches locally just fine. I don't get why. I've already reset network settings and even reset the phone and restored from back up. Everything short of resetting and setting up as a new phone (too much app data to go on setting up phone as new). Works just fine as soon as I am on wifi, but quits working as intended when I'm on cellular data. Any suggestions or reasons why this behavior? Seems to have been carried over from iOS 9 as well. Running an iPhone 6s Plus on sprint. Ran the beta starting with the first developer beta.

Stuey3D

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2014
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
I reset network settings last night and it's just suffered the issue just now.

Quick drop to 1 dot no network connectivity and then back to having a 4G signal. It happens in less than about 5 seconds.
[doublepost=1470221126][/doublepost]However it's not effecting calls for me, I managed to have an hour long call whilst driving (on Bluetooth) from Northampton - Peterborough through some quite rural locations where signal is normally bad and the phone held the signal perfectly with only one spot where the call started breaking up before the signal got stronger.
[doublepost=1470224447][/doublepost]Just a thought, those of you who are experiencing this issue do you live in urban areas or areas served by multiple transmitters?

I am noticing this issue in Peterborough where I am currently working as the area I'm in is served by 3 transmitters all within similar distance to me, whereas at home it's usually only 1 transmitter that serves where I live as I live in a village on the outskirts of a large town and I don't notice this issue at home.

I'm wondering if the iPhone is having a bit of trouble deciding which transmitter to use if it's being served my multiple transmitters all at equal strengths?

Reactions: Feenician

ManuCH

macrumors 65816
May 7, 2009
Switzerland
Can those having the issue report what country they are from and what carrier they are on?

I'm pondering whether to hold off updating to iOS 10 Beta 4 on my primary device. I can accept annoying bugs, but missing connectivity is of course a deal breaker. I'm on the Swisscom network in Switzerland.

Jaggrey

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2015
Pembroke Pines, FL
Can those having the issue report what country they are from and what carrier they are on?

I'm pondering whether to hold off updating to iOS 10 Beta 4 on my primary device. I can accept annoying bugs, but missing connectivity is of course a deal breaker. I'm on the Swisscom network in Switzerland.
As much as I want to update I'm gonna hold off because of this bug. Part of me wants to backup and then update and see if I have the bug, but another part of me doesn't wanna go thru all that honestly... lol.

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014
I know I said a hard reset fixed it but now it's doing it again on my phone.

T-Mobile iPhone 6S+

I don't think it's enough for me to downgrade though because I'm not on my phone a lot. I've only noticed it happen once today so far.

Stuey3D

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2014
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Yeah its not all the time, I've noticed it a couple of times but otherwise iPhone is quite reliable.

As I said in previous post I suspect its something to do with the iPhone struggling to decide what transmitter to use when multiple transmitters are available.

Last edited:
Reactions: whirldy
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.