Drops in price following Monday's refresh?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by RudyGrow, Jun 9, 2012.

1. RudyGrow macrumors regular

I'm looking to upgrade my current 2009 13" Macbook Pro and was wondering if the prices on used 15" 2010/2011 Macbook Pro models will drop in the coming weeks. Right now I can get one with an i5 processor on eBay for around $1100. How much of a decrease in price can I expect and when can I expect that decrease?

Thanks!

2. duffmanth macrumors member

Apple probably won't drop the price in their stores or the online store, they'll just remove them from inventory. If you wanna save money I would suggest buying a refurb through Apple or check out Best Buy, cuz I've seen MBP's on sale there occasionally in store, not online.

3. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

If you are looking on ebay, think again. I see some core i5 ones going here for $900!

4. RudyGrow thread starter macrumors regular

With the 15 inch screen? Is there something I'm doing wrong :eek:

And I should specify that I'm mainly looking for price drops on eBay/Craigslist, rather than from Apple.

5. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

Yep, usually it is a 15" 2.4 (I think), core i5.

Sometimes you can find core i7's for 1100, but they are super rare..

Maybe I just live in an area where people are not exactly.... smart, about selling on craigslist ;)

Just keep an eye on craigslist. Sooner or later there will be a guy selling his, and doesnt know its value. Then jump on it, cause it will be gone the next day.

As for ebay/craigslist price drops, I am wondering that as well..

6. Ves macrumors member

Ves

Best place to look for price drops would be resellers. They're trying to get their old stock out.