Drowned my iPhone! Need to get contacts from old backup.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by tgedgau, Jun 21, 2010.

1. tgedgau macrumors newbie

Hey guys I have a big problem and I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. I've had a pretty tough 4 days regarding my tech equipment. About 3 days ago my pc crashed due to a hard drive failure. I had my music, photos, programs backed up on an external drive so it wasn't too terrible. While waiting for my replacement drive to come in the mail my iPhone 3GS took a bath in the washing machine. The phone is beyond recovery. Now all of my contacts were backed up through iTunes to Outlook, but when my pc crashed I lost all of that data as well. My only hope now is that I backed up the phone through iTunes on my laptop about a month ago. So my question is how can I import my contacts from an old iTunes backup into Outlook? Keep in my mind I don't have an iPhone anymore and I wont be able to get a replacement for a while. Any help would be really really appreciated. Thank you.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You could use iPhone Backup Extractor and SQLite Database Browser to view the contacts in the backup and then copy/paste them to Outlook (not automatic, but better than nothing). Otherwise, you need to borrow an iPhone.