DRSStore?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by No1Roots4Goliat, Oct 8, 2008.

1. No1Roots4Goliat macrumors newbie

A friend and I are looking into buying a mac pro for our music business, and while searching for something low priced so we don't kill ourselves in the money game, I came across the site DRSStore.com. They have EXTREMELY low prices on older Mac Pros (~$1000). Has anyone dealt with them before? Any idea why such a low price can be given by them? Thanks in advance! :D

2. cw2k7 macrumors member

UK contact address looks fake.

22-24 Basil Street London is The Capital Hotel

Spanish address also looks fake

Calle Almendro postcode should be 28005 not 28006 and no 10 appears to be a bar called La Corolla

3. No1Roots4Goliat thread starter macrumors newbie

Thought so; if anyone else has opinion feel free to contribute. For now, I'm not touching these guys.

4. jrishaw macrumors newbie

SCAM ALERT - DRSStore.com

I can say without a doubt that this site is fake and a (very well made) "wire transfer / western union" scam store.

It's a "US" store, actually hosted in the UK, with an "accountant" in Spain, and a domain name that's two days old. Suuuuure, it's legit.

They list fake paypal icons (to instill some shade of legitimacy) .. but orders only succeed if the visitor selects the "money transfer" option, which, by the way, they have significant documentation on how to get THAT to them :)

They claim to be in the States - they are not.

They purport to be an established company - their domain was registered two days ago.

The Western Union info they provide is for a woman in Spain.

I've contacted both Paypal and Hostway UK, the web-host of where the store is. But, seriously. Poke around, sure, but you're throwing money away if you fall for this noise.

5. apflbm macrumors newbie

well, i can tell that you don't get a mac when you send them money. seems i just lost 720 USD....
    i ordered a macbook (Oct 12th) and got on-and-off email-contact. the phone doesn't work -as they say in order to reduce costs, but they would call back.
    i had to send the money c/o western union, paypal is not accepted for first-time customers...
    since Oct 21 the online tracking tells me that the macbook got delivered, but no macbook nowhere. and of course, nobody reacts...

any ideas what i could do???
    thanks in advance.

6. jp266 macrumors newbie

7. benhad macrumors newbie

They're back!! Everything is still the same. All the great bargains. Yea and our order placed in October is still pending.
    What a crock - how do we get rid of these guys before somebody else gets taken?

8. Pixellated macrumors 65816

I'm just waiting for a 'Macrumors Newbie' to come along and say how good their service was and the computer arrived. :rolleyes: