drug store printing/scanning

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
has anyone used the drug store digital photo service, like that kodak thing?
I have 2 pictures that i want to scan and put them in my iphoto book. But i don't have s scanner so i thought i could use that. Does anyone know if after i scan it, i can save to a CD-R or a memory card (compact flash) to import into iphoto/my book?
Thanks

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
Chip NoVaMac said:
We have the Kodak stations at my job, and they seem to work well. IIRC ours has the Epson 4990 attached, and that scanner has gotten high marks.
after i scan them in can i save it to a disk so i can import it in iphoto/my computer :confused:

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
puckhead193 said:
after i scan them in can i save it to a disk so i can import it in iphoto/my computer :confused:
Off the bat, I know that you can save them to a floppy disk. Shameful that I don't know if you can save them to a CD. I know the Kodak centers can save images from a memory card to a CD.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
Chip NoVaMac said:
Off the bat, I know that you can save them to a floppy disk. Shameful that I don't know if you can save them to a CD. I know the Kodak centers can save images from a memory card to a CD.
so finally went to my local CVS and not only do u have to use a floppy it has to be a windows formated floppy.... grrrr
who has floppies anymore

cgratti

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2004
Central Pennsylvania, USA
puckhead193 said:
so finally went to my local CVS and not only do u have to use a floppy it has to be a windows formated floppy.... grrrr
who has floppies anymore
I wouldn't even get 1 pic saved to a floppy! My pics average 15MB each when saved!!!

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
cgratti said:
I wouldn't even get 1 pic saved to a floppy! My pics average 15MB each when saved!!!
yea how is that going to work. I haven't gone back yet, buta floppy holds like 1.4 MB. I want the picture to look decent so i can add it to my photobook and get that sent out so i can show everyone my pictures. Kodak if your reading this, use CD-Rs or a USB thumb drive :mad:

ChrisA

macrumors G4
Jan 5, 2006
Redondo Beach, California
puckhead193 said:
who has floppies anymore
Worse then that. A high quality scan will NOT fit on a floppy disk. A scan of a 35mm fram should be several megebytes. It if fits on a floppy then it is a low resolution scan.