Drum Kit + Gorilla Suit + Phil Collins + Chocolate = GENIUS

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
Wish I'd been there for the high-on-drugs brainstorming session that dreamt up this little beauty. Who ever would have thought that combining this little lot could turn out so amazingly well?

Take one man in the greatest gorilla suit ever conceived, sit him at a drum kit, and have him play along to Phil Collins, all in the aid of chocolate.

Awesome.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
The first time I saw that I wondered just how much cocaine they must take at ad agencies. However, seeing the attention it's getting they are obviously on to something that isn't white powder :)

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
I have discovered a drawback to the ad though.

You end up having a Phil Collins song going around your head all day!!!:(:mad::(

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
From the official website:
Drumming gorillas, Phil Collins and Glass And A Half Full Productions?

Well it just seemed like the right thing to do. There's no clever science behind it - it's just an effort to make you smile, in exactly the same way Cadbury Dairy Milk does. And that's what we aim to continue to do; simply make you smile. So if a drumming gorilla's not enough, wait until you see what else we have up our sleeves.

They'll have to go some to top the gorilla!!

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
UK
But...

It's Phil 'effing Collins! :eek:

I feel unclean. I think I need a shower and some Listerine mouthwash.

FireArse

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2004
Gorilla

I like it. I like it a lot. Best advert I've seen in months no doubt. However, my favourite ad by far was the Honda advert. You know the one I'm talking about.

Now. That. Was. Pure. Genius.

F

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I love this ad... but I demand a re-shoot because the camera man would not hold still and I cannot get a good loop on an animation. :p

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I thought it was a bit meh till he started playing the drums, was a bit ace :) best advert I've seen since that expensive Shell one and Honda's eclectic adverts.

*searches for song on iPod*

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
The first time I saw that I wondered just how much cocaine they must take at ad agencies. However, seeing the attention it's getting they are obviously on to something that isn't white powder :)
That white powder is magic man....its like they sprinkle it on everyone that watch the ads.

I was trying to figure out what was going on until the gorilla started relaxing his neck and went off on a drum fest.

Bless

DeepIn2U

macrumors 603
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
WICKED!

I thought the ad was somehow using robotic setup (the way the eyes moved really) - and figured the the mammal would just go APE ..... not by drumming though! :eek: :O.

Definately wild!

Thanks for posting it.

CortexRock

macrumors 6502
Dec 3, 2006
Canterbury, England
This is one of the funniest ads I've seen in a long time... I went from WTF to LOL to ROFLMAO in the space of just a minute.

Classic, should go down in history and win all sorts of awards!