Drums & music software to go with Line 6 Pod HD?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Vinda-lou, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Vinda-lou macrumors member

I've recently purchased a Line 6 Pod HD (the desktop bean) and a FBV Express MkII foot controller. I'm looking for some way to get good drum tracks going with it. Granted, I haven't printed out the real manual yet - the skimpy one doesn't go into too much depth, so maybe I haven't seen what I am looking for yet.

Is there a cheapo drum machine, or software that I can use with the Pod HD to play guitar with? Something that coordinates with the Pod to play the drum beat while I play.

Free is better, but if there is something good and the price is worth it - I'm interested. I'm less than a novice with music software; I have a macbook air with garage band on it. I've played around with it, but can't figure out how to get a rhythm track going, and then how to have it play while I play guitar through the Line 6 pod.

Advice is welcome!

2. polaris20 macrumors 68020

It's not free, but EZ Drummer is pretty amazing for the price. It sounds good, and with the drag and drop MIDI file library, it's very easy to use. There are higher quality ways to go, but for starting out, ease of use, and cost, it's a great way to go.

3. pofv macrumors newbie

If you just want drum tracks to back you while you jam with the Pod I would suggest just using the drum loops that come with garageband. No need to spend any money!

[edit] To get a rhythm track going you can drag drum loops from the loop browser into the timeline of garageband. Just search drum loops in garageband and there are plenty of youtube videos that can show you how a lot better than I can explain with text. [/edit]

If you want more features, arguable better sounds and more flexibility then looking into something like EZ Drummer, or Addictive Drums would be the next step.