Drunk apple employee blathering about "something big" coming.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Agnosto, Oct 17, 2015.

1. Agnosto macrumors newbie

I was at a show this weekend in SF. There was this drunk girl who I overheard telling someone that there's going to be something mind-blowing for the iPhone coming out in the next two weeks and that she worked for Apple. She kept saying "Remember what I told you when you hear the news!" When I asked her about it, she kind of looked busted/worried, and said something along the lines of "nevermind".

Any rumors of anything new coming up? Seemed like it might be a software feature of some sort?

2. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

Halloween -___- ? Why would Apple release something on a Saturday?

3. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

iOS 9.1 is the only thing that could come to the iPhone in the first week of November if luck.
    I mean there's nothing that Apple could really add to iPhone UNLESS it's a Stylus

4. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

Interesting. Guess I'll be on the lookout. Already amazed with this 6s Plus though.

5. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

6. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

This sounds absolutely and completely bogus. Some people just lie for attention you know.

7. Infinitewisdom macrumors 6502

What gave that away? Surely it wasn't the part about this person being drunk? :)

To be honest, people on Macrumors probably get firsthand knowledge of Apple product releases before Apple Retail employees do. To say they're clueless sometimes is mostly an exaggeration, but not always.....

8. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

It's obviously a free TSMC bumper case for the Samung-chipped phones.

9. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

The last time big Apple news was leaked by a drunk chick in a bar was...umm...never. And the dude who left the prototype iPhone in the bar doesn't count...we all knew it was coming.

Rumors that actually pan out these days are seeded almost exclusively by Apple contractors or industry analysts, who scour patents and watch shipping manifests for raw materials in large quantities.

The Apple employees who know the entire story of something big are few and far between. There are people working on projects in Cupertino, the end result of which might be entirely unknown to them.

Either the "big thing" isn't very big, or it's nothing at all.

10. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Apple is going through a tough period with its sagging stock performance. It's soft watch sales that may never amount to much. Luckily they talk a good game and the gullibles believe everything Apple spins.

It's just a slump like a major league player goes through. I'd expect at some point Apple will regain their creativity. Until then they're still profit taking rather robustly.

11. IphoneIssues macrumors 65816

She may have lied. She also may be talking about something that you might not even care about.

Doesn't take any effort on my part to believe it. I'll just continue to log on here, and, if something new comes along, it does. If not, it's fine. I'll probably forget about it tonight and go back to thinking about this ridiculous battery life.

12. Gathomblipoob, Oct 17, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2015

Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

Or a free Mac Pro for each TSMC iPhone owner. because, well, we are the superior class. :D

13. dwfaust macrumors 68040

dwfaust

Um, yeah, whatever. Not buying any of it.

14. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Yeah, really tough period. 13 million iPhone 6s/6s+ sold in the past month, at $300+ profit per unit. Billions in cash. Sucks to be them. The end is near.

15. nox5 macrumors 6502

16. MaciMac100 macrumors 6502

17. oldmacs macrumors 68040

18. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

19. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

Nor do I. One look at the word "drunk" in the thread title summed it up for me...

20. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Apple employees, unless she is way up the ladder, know less about what is going on that many of us here. I would say it was someone seeking attention.

21. journeyy macrumors regular

As unlikely it is this is real, i'm still kind of excited now :D

22. I7guy macrumors G5

The entire market is going through a slump. At some point though the market should pick up and Apple stock with it.

23. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

New Apple Pay features with iOS 9.1, and it finally is launched in Canada.

24. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

If I were go to to a bar and get drunk, I would likely say that I'm a NASA employee and we have discovered evidence of life on one of Vega's planets, and Carl Sagan based his book on actual events that will be known soon.

And I would have just as much credibility.

25. soupcan macrumors 6502a

soupcan

They figured out how to make 3D touch user configurable? I want to decide what to do on the home screen. Now that would be nice.