DS Fire Link Cart cheap for sure?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Fabulospink, Feb 12, 2008.

1. Fabulospink macrumors newbie

guys,

i found a site http://www.volumerate.com/details.vr/sku.2981 selling the DS Fire Link Cart with 1GB (8G) Storage Card for NDS Lite only for 39.55 USD.

but i never shop there. anyone has experience with them?

I think the price there is not bad. so i want to try the site.

let me know.

thx.

2. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

Hey man, bought this card in Hong Kong a couple months ago and it came pre-loaded which was cool, but I CAN'T load games onto it from my MacBook.

A forum user kindly suggested I go to an Internet cafe and try it on a PC, but I haven't had the time yet to go.

3. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I've never heard of the firecard, but I got the R4 and love it. Volumerate is with dealextreme, and that's a well known site for importing these things. It does take quite a while to receive the item though. It comes from HK so they gotta go through all that international shipping goodness. Like around 2 weeks. I ordered through Deal Extreme but at the time they were out of stock and didn't want to wait that long, so I cancelled and ordered from a US site that had it in stock. I've read that they are reputable though.

4. Fabulospink thread starter macrumors newbie

5. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

Let me know if you figure out a way for it to work on with your mac.

6. revgriddler macrumors newbie

A friend just brought one back from HK for me and my GF. Same as everybody else, I can get the pre-loaded ones to work, but none of the others. I checked for any invisible files, .DS_Store et al, but didn't see anything that should mess it up. I'm gonna use my roommate's PC, or see if his MacBookPro can pull it off when booted into Ubuntu or Windows. I like the setup, using a GBA card for transfer is pretty clever, and the GUI looks nice, I just need it to work, you know?

7. tjcampbell macrumors 6502a

tjcampbell

8. Fabulospink thread starter macrumors newbie

just ordered the gift pack, when i make it work on my PC, I will let you know.

I didn't use MAC.