DS Lite...Crimson different than White?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ProwlingTiger, Jul 10, 2008.

1. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

Hey,

I sold my white DS Lite a while back as I wasnt using it. Today I decided I'd buy a new one for poops and grins. The white one I had was purchased in 06, so probably a first one. Now this Crimson one,...I'm noticing its made of different material or something. Instead of the black being glossy feeling, its like matte and cheapish plasticky feeling. I had heard they did a revision a while back with the Lite, are all of them like this now?

-DAn

EDIT: Also, a friend of my got an all black DS Lite over Christmas last year, and his feels glossy.

2. ProwlingTiger thread starter macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

Mmkay...got of the phone with Gamestop #1. Said they'd give me $60 for this :O Brand new and all...apparently its something to do with the color using different material. Also the slot2 cover requires excessive force to open, like its jammed. Stupid matte....

Gamestop #2: "Yeah no problem, just bring it in here with your receipt!"

Guess where I'll be going tomorrow...!

I mean, I dont mind keeping it. But after I asked 2 employees to see a product model before I bought the thing and neither could help me, but instead pointed to a pink and then a white one, neglecting to inform me of differences after I asked...

Gah...

Maybe its just my OCD, or I'm just to used to being treated so well with Apple. I probably should raise a stink about it. But the slot2 cover really does bother me :|

3. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

If I'm reading your post right.... Umm, it's just matte finish... If you want the shiny, get one of the solid colored ones. Kind of like the Matte Black MB and the Glossy White MB. Don't fret, it's not any cheaper, but if you really dislike it, go exchange it.

4. ProwlingTiger thread starter macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

Yeah I did a bit of researching now...Feels not as solid though. Might take it back tomorrow.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I thought all DS Lites had shiny cases. Matte slot 2 port? That sounds a little fishy.

Ahh I see now. Why not get another DS instead then?

6. ProwlingTiger thread starter macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

Yeah, the crimson/black and cobalt/black (crimson is discontinued I believe), have matte backs. Kinda the way the hinges on a normal Lite feel.

I exchanged it for a black. Might have the yellow-tint screen issue now...unsure. Oh well, 30 day exchange policy :|

But yeah...beware of the crimson and cobalt versions.