DS+Wi-Fi+Mac=???

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by eMacNobie, Jul 9, 2007.

1. eMacNobie macrumors newbie

Hi everyone,

I'm gonna buy a DS Lite and I have a eMac here with a non wireless internet connection.
    I read that Wi-Fi adapter only works with Windows and for only if you have air port or wireless connection. Since I have none of both I was wondering if there's a way I can be able to Wi-Fi my DS with my eMac.

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

3. eMacNobie thread starter macrumors newbie

Brazil here m8, prices change like seasons. Expensive to the roof. Air Port is out question and wireless router... maybe, but I was wishing to know a way to connect the Wi-Fi adapter to a Mac without need a a wireless connection.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Ahhh, okay... So you cannot get a WiFi router, you do not have and cannot get an airport card in your eMac, but you could get the WiFi adapter that Nintendo sells. Is that right? I dunno... sorry, unless someone made a driver for it, it won't work on a Mac. Any other USB WiFi adapter that has Mac drivers will, although they're about as expensive as a router or Airport card.

There is no *non* wireless solution...the "wi" in Wi-Fi stands for wireless. There's no way to network a DS using a cable, that I know of. :(