DSA allowance, will cover a Mac?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by rip-the-jacker, Aug 15, 2011.

1. rip-the-jacker macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

I am starting college this month, what I'm not sure on is my (Disability Students Allowance).

Due to a "long term mental health problem" I qualify for the DSA (in Scotland this is) but you have an assessor who determine what you can get and then DSA give you the money etc...

What I want to know is if I can stretch and get a Mac LT instead of a Windows one, for a few reasons; I have a MP for compatibility, Adobe Master suite CS5.5, and know a mac well and for future proofing etc..

What do you think? Should I bring up these points with the assessor? I want a LT for college as I'm studying Graphic Design so its a course that a LT is ideal for, and help with my books etc, thats about it as I don't want to abuse the system as there are people there with more problems than me that need the higher allowances, so its only fair...

RTJ.

2. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

well i do not know what kind of disability you have.

But i know macs also have a lot of things to help the disabled use them, such as speech that reads text on the web, as well as magnify, and a couple of other things i have yet to try.