DSGi UK stockists

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iNickk, May 15, 2010.

1. iNickk macrumors member

Here is confirmation that DSGi (PC World, Currys, and Dixons) will be stocking the iPad in the UK for an exclusive 60 day period.

[​IMG]

2. mattyuk macrumors 6502

mattyuk

PC World, christ I hate that shop. Just an endless annoyance in every way. This might be a useless rant but Im really glad I pre-ordered with Apple.

3. Tulipone macrumors 6502

I didn't know that DSG (Dixons Stores Group) // PC World still actually sold PCs. Shops seem to be filled with TVs these days. Personally I look forward to Best Buy coming over and making money out of us - they certainly cannot be worse than DSG or Comets.

4. iNickk thread starter macrumors member

Yea, the first Best Buy opened about 2 weeks in Lakeside, didn't it?

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Trust me, they can. Oh yes. Just don't get your hopes up. Best Buy use to be a great store until they went on a massive expansion binge about a decade ago. Now their prices are ridiculous and service non-existent.

6. mattyuk macrumors 6502

mattyuk

That's PC World for you! :p

7. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Yes it did. I can say they will be stocking the ipad on launch day!

8. Boblister macrumors 6502a

Sheesh my local PC World has the most miserable Apple section I have ever seen. It's an insult to Apple. Still if there is money in it they will sniff it out.

9. Macjames macrumors 6502a

PC world is a horrible store. I wonder if they will be stocking official cases however? eBay prices are extortionate.

10. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

I second this. I used to work at one and can attest that Best Buy is one of the worst companies ever if you are looking for good customer service. I didn't work the floor, so you don't have to say "Well, with employees like you, I wonder why they suck!" ;)

11. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

I wouldn't buy anything from DSG, even if they were the last store on earth.

12. Boblister macrumors 6502a

You buy an iPad. One week later it dies. You take it back. Apple or PC World. Which would give you a replacement and which would give you an argument.

13. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

14. Tulipone macrumors 6502

I think it did. I am going past there tomorrow, I think I drop in for a look. Best Buy is always on the visit list when we are in the USA - and in reply to our US friends, BB is great for customer service in comparison.

15. sparkie1984 macrumors 68000

My mrs works for dsgi head office

is this on their intranet? I'll get her to check it out on Monday!

16. iNickk thread starter macrumors member

yea, it is.

17. sparkie1984 macrumors 68000

sweet!!

she rarely goes on it, im hoping for some discount :)

18. Argo macrumors member

Me too! My husband gets tax and duty free at the dixons in the airport he works :) this is great news! Lol

19. kutsushita macrumors regular

kutsushita

trying to buy a tv from these jerks is the WORST(best) example of what you posted. useless kids who know NOTHING about anything trying to sell you a tv that has a price tag on average of about $200 more than most other retailers. :mad:

only thing i use BB for now days is just phones because that sweet instant rebate. service still sucks for that though.

20. xSPRINTERx macrumors regular

I'm with you. I just don't get them as a company. They can have items at one price in one store and a different price in another (or on the internet) and will not price match. They then try and sell overpriced protection and damage cover.

21. sparkie1984 macrumors 68000

in my opinion pcworld isnt much better!!! the service is as bad as their manners

you should hear the way they speak to my mrs, some even calling her a c-word :eek::eek:

thats the problem with having your staff aged 18-25, i can imagine the churn rates are rather high for their staff

22. ACDeag macrumors regular

I suspect that it will only be in the refurbished PC Worlds which have a dedicated Apple section.

23. Elise macrumors 6502

The only store I would buy Apple products from, other than Apple themselves, is John Lewis. I won't buy from PC World et al, it's not that serious...

24. zen macrumors 68000

zen

I second that. Apple or John Lewis. Wouldn't buy from anywhere else. John Lewis are amazing.

25. Seamaster macrumors 65816

Seamaster

And John Lewis stood by Apple through their wilderness years, unlike DSG. That loyalty deserves some of ours in return.