DSL modem and airport express?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by determined09, May 25, 2013.

1. determined09, May 25, 2013
    Last edited: May 25, 2013

determined09 macrumors 65816

determined09

I have a mac book pro 15" 2008 that the Ethernet isn't working at all.So, I've been using the USB to Ethernet adapter to connect to the DSL modem. But if some reason lately the Mac doesn't stayed connected to the internet. But the wireless connection is working perfectly. So, I'm been thinking of going wireless. I also have ATT router (a 2Wire 2701HG) and Hp computer using the att dsl modem. Will the current airport express work with the Wire 2701HG modem or will I need to get a newer DSL modem so it will work with the air port express?

I'm asking also because I saw this link on the apple forum website.
    http://store.apple.com/us/question/answers/product/MD031LL/A/what-att-dsl-modem-works-best-with-the-airport-extreme/Q4U2AFAD22DDFDAAK

Thanks

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

The Airport Express should work just fine. Go to the below screen in Airport Utility and put the AE in bridge mode so you don't have two routers essentially working at the same time.

[​IMG]

3. determined09 thread starter macrumors 65816

determined09

thanks

4. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

You can use an Airport Express no problem as shown by @Weaselboy, but the 2Wire 2701HG has wifi built into it so the Airport Express is redundant.