DSLR iPad backpack?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by JeepGC, Apr 11, 2011.

1. JeepGC macrumors regular

I'm looking for a backpack for traveling to carry my iPad and my DSLR (Canon 60D) any suggestions?

2. HBOC macrumors 68020

The Kata line is really well built. Also check out the LowePro Line. I had the FastPack 350 and I found it nice as well. You may not need the 350, but the 250 should be good. Just depends on how big a bag you want.

3. legreve macrumors regular

legreve

I can vouch for the Lowepro line... I have the Lowepro runner and while containing the dslr in the main room opened from the front, the back has a side pocket with ziplock that can contain a mbp or an iPad with no problems.
    Also the Runner comes with a build in raincoat, so you can have it with you in all weather.
    They also come in various sizes, so no need to get scared by the amount of space in this one ;)

Attached Files:

4. Piarco, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011

Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Kata 3n1-22: Big enough for my D7000, battery grip (attached), 3 lenses, flash and accessories... and that's without going into the "general" section at the top of the bag. The laptop section is only big enough for a Macbook Air (and and probably only the 11" at that) a small, thinnish netbook, and is perfect for an iPad in a case.

As you can change the straps from a quick access sling to a full on backpack it's since become my main bag. Plus add-on's like the tripod holder really make is a go anywhere solution.

[​IMG]

5. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

There have been multiple threads similar to this, even one within the last month. Do a Mroogle search and you will see tons of recommendations.

Mroogle

6. gameface macrumors 6502

I have the Lowepro Slingshot 302 AW. It easily fits my gripped 7D, 6 lenses, hoods, batteries, etc... plus my ipad.

Attached Files:

7. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Might suggest looking at the Think Tank Sling-O-Matic 20 or 30. The 20 has a front pocket that the iPad fits in; and the 30 has a dedicated laptop sleeve.

Attached Files:

8. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

9. JeepGC thread starter macrumors regular

10. HBOC macrumors 68020

also depends on your budget. F-stop and Clik-Elite bags are well built as well, but aren't that cheap. I am hard on my equipment, and the LowePro line has held up very well, as has my Columbia bags..

11. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Glad to be of help. If your D60 would fit, a non backpack bag that I own and like for lighter traveling is the Tamrac Rally 5 bag.

Attached Files: