DSLR photo size and options?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rp2955, Jun 4, 2012.

1. rp2955 macrumors member

Hi all,
    Quick question for the forum experts...I have a bunch of photos loaded onto my Ipad 3 that I took over the last few years with my point and shoot digital camera. Most of those ranged from 500K to 1MB in size and are manageable. I upgraded to a DSLR last year and obviously have it set to max quality which ends up with photos anywhere from 6-7MB in size.

I would like to have my entire photo collection synced to my Ipad but obviously with file sizes that big that is a problem (32GB Ipad). I guess I am looking for what my options are to be able to either sync or access these large photos for my collection. Is there a way to automatically resize my DSLR pictures when I sync or somehow do a batch resize to get the file size down on all of them? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

Hi,
    I don't know if possible at sync.
    But to have full control over the quality at resizing and all... you can try one of the many "Batch Picture" software out there (most big photo software has a built-in batch processing feature) to resize all of your photos at once.
    Other alternatives include uploading your pictures to a photo service then accessing them via iPad and you would have an implicit backup option on the Cloud, some of these services (if not all) allow for batch uploading and resizing options, but they can be cumbersome if you have say, a thousand pictures, unless you pay for the premium services that give you access to a FTP account and such.