DST and Alarm - didn't work

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by OrangeSVTguy, Nov 8, 2010.

1. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Well the alarm didn't go off until 7am although I had it set for 6am. Good thing i'd already been awake otherwise I would have slept in!

Thought this wasn't a problem with the US iPhones? This was on 4.1 om my 3GS.

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

The only reason it hadn't been a problem on US iPhones was because your clocks hadn't gone back.

Now they have gone back you've got the same problem as the rest of us. :D

3. M-5 macrumors 65816

M-5

Yeah, my recurring alarm for weekdays didn't go off this morning at 5:50am. Fortunately I woke up on my own at 5:51am though to check the time! :)

4. HighLife420 macrumors 6502a

wasnt there a setting somewhere that let you enable/disable Daylight Saving Time? Might want to check that, i could of sworn i saw it.

5. mstrze macrumors 68000

I guarantee that's not the issue...I have seen some OSs with this option but I do not believe the iPhone has this.

The reason I can definitively say it's not the issue is because for the previous 5 time changes my iPhone has gone through, the alarms haven't suffered.

It appears to be a known bug in the software.

6. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Same issue here.

I'm setting non-repeating individual alarms until Apple fixes this.

Totally unnecessary bug ... how hard is it to get the time right?

7. OrangeSVTguy thread starter macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

That won't do it. There is a bug in the software. I'm sure 4.2 will solve this as I thought they did mention it somewhere. Just have to set the alarm one hour earlier I guess till then. My alarm is set at 6 am but it didn't go off till 7am. I will have to set my alarm for 5 so it will wake me up at 6.

8. theITGuy macrumors 6502a

theITGuy

Mine didn't go off but I was awake already...but I deleted my Mon-Fri alarm, re-created it, set it to 2 min in the future...and it worked...i have to test it more...

J.

9. jeznav macrumors 6502

jeznav

Toggle on/off

I have 3 repeating alarms that are about 20 mins apart. The first two did not alarm. So I went back to the Alarm settings, switched the 3rd alarm to OFF then ON and went back to sleep and it alarmed. I didn't have to delete, recreate or adjust anything.

10. WesCole macrumors 6502a

This is only an issue with the built-in iPhone alarm, correct? I have the Alarm Clock 4 app and it's alarms seem to be working correctly still...

Wes

11. mstrze macrumors 68000

I deleted my alarms and set up a new test M-F alarm that did indeed go off at the correct time. I am still going to set an additional alarm tonight, but I think the deletion and re-entering of the alarm info worked for me.

12. mstrze macrumors 68000

Newly added alarm (recurring M-F) worked as usual this morning.

13. b00ya macrumors member

14. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Yesterday my alarm didn't go off so I deleted them all out of the phone (3GS w/iOS 4.1), turned the phone off, started the phone up again and re-entered my alarms. This morning it worked just fine.

15. jeznav macrumors 6502

jeznav

Just get an android.

16. Ravich macrumors 6502a

So.... we just have to toss out old alarms and make new ones? Has Steve Jobs commented on this? I'm not interested in another iPhone if this kind of thing is blown off as "no big deal."

If I didnt have an alarm set for sundays, I wouldnt have known and would have missed an interview. Not okay.

17. OrangeSVTguy thread starter macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Don't feed the troll.

Yes I created new alarms or I just turned them off and then back on again and they've been working just fine for me all week.