DST with the iPhone and Rogers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Stig, Nov 2, 2008.

1. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

Hi Everybody,

I was just wondering if anybody else is having problem with Rogers with their iPhone and Daylight Savings Time. For the last week (Since Sunday) my time on my iPhone has been an hour behind and to fix it I had to take the time off of automatic and set it myself. A friend of mine with an iPhone was having the same problem, but other people with a Roger's non-iPhone weren't having a problem. I called Rogers and they told me it was Apple's problem because they didn't correctly update the DST on the iPhone and it thought it was the last week so it changed the time. This seemed like it could be true because it just started on Sunday, and when I'd switch between manual and automatic time it would be correct for a second and then change. Roger's told me to wait until next Sunday.

COME TODAY, when DST should of fixed the whole problem! BUT IT DIDN'T!!! What is going on here? Does anybody have any ideas? Has anybody had the same problem? On Rogers or on any other network?

Thanks,

The Stig

2. kawazoe, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010

kawazoe macrumors newbie

Yup same issue here on both my iPad (Rogers' network) and my iPhone (Fido's network). Swapping the sim card in my iPad for an AT&T sim give me the right time. The issue is with Rogers time servers, not with iOS.

EDIT: Strange thing, putting the Rogers sim back in the iPad kept the same correct time. I'm pretty sure it's a Rogers issue now.

EDIT 2: Just putting the sim card in and out trigger a time update and workaround the issue. I have a friend with an iPhone on Telus and he says no problem so I'm positive it has to do with Rogers network.

3. g35 macrumors 6502a

Mine is automatically set from Rogers and showing the correct time.

4. SnowDX macrumors 6502

What province are you in? Both my iPhone (Telus) and iPad (Rogers SIM but no active plan and cellular data turned off) did this yesterday (Nov. 7). The other non-iPhone Telus phones on our account had the correct time. See my thread here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1045208

5. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

I rebooted my iPhone and it now shows the proper time.