Dtunes torrenting

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Hunter3gs, Oct 16, 2009.

1. Hunter3gs macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

Thanks for being patient. I am a new iPhone user. I went from owning the cheapest phone money could buy to the 3gs about two months ago. Im in love with the phone. I am a very fast learner, I'm like a sponge I soak it all up pretty quickly. Through a minimal amount of research it was clear to be that I wanted to jailbreak. I literally knew nothing about it or the phone so I researched a little more. Currently, I have jailbroken my OS 3.1.2 firmware on my 3gs through blackra1n. I am a PC user. I have downloaded Cydia and Rock and find myself using the latter more often.

Here is my issue:
    I have downloaded dtunes and have begun to torrent a file. Upon completion of said file being downloaded, I could not find it in my dtunes. It took quite a while to download and all xxx/xxx/xxx numbers are equaled and it said it was completed. I must have typed something because I am now prompted this:

"Possible values are:
    stdout
    stderr
    off
    a filename

Enter a destination:
    Interactive output channel is now qw"

maybe I hit "qw"??

Also, I'm aware that dtunes states in it's information bar that all files are stored at "var/mobile/media/downloads" but I am unaware
    of how to locate this and was under the impression dtunes did it automatically. I fear I might have just messed up the download, which is unfortunate because it took 422 minutes even in wi-fi. If anyone has any idea what I might have done wrong, I'd be much obliged.

Mind you this is all from my mobile terminal.
    thank you for your patience and your help

2. Hunter3gs thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok,

When i go into dtunes' "browse" file it has the file of the torrent I downloaded but when you click on it, it doesn't play anything. It just shows you what is in the file such as:
    (title).avi
    DVD_cover.jpeg

etc.

Am I not unzipping something correctly? When I log back into mobile terminal and type the standard "./gettorrent" it lists all of those sand files from the torrent and I beleive it is seeding. I'm really lost after that and have exhausted the extent of all I have learned in the past two days.