Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sphereboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 10, 2002
MIAMI.FL.USA
If i get the Dual 1GHZ machine with the Geforce 4 MX... will I be able to use two VGA monitors?

I keep getting mixed comments about this setup. Some people tell me that it's only 1 VGA and 1 DVI or ADC output.

Some say it's possible for 2 VGA..

I want to know from all of you what can be done? If it's only 1 VGA 1 ADC .. is there an adapter that would make the ADC into a VGA?

Thanks

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
You could also get the adapter from Apple, right on their webstore under 'Displays'...

DVI to VGA Display Adapter
$19.00
Use an extra DVI to VGA display adapter for connecting to the external VGA monitor or projector at your home, the office or to have handy while on the road.

Dr. Bott sells the same device for more money (~$16 more actually)... If you are getting the computer from Apple, or an Apple store, just put that on the same order. Makes it even cheaper, since you won't get any extra shipping charges. :D

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
I thought it was the adc one... my bad... must be the sudden heat we have up here... 92° with a 'feels like' of 95°. I don't have the AC in yet either... ick!!

I will have to make a stop to see if I can find a new AC tonight on the way home... Although the temps are supposed to go back down after tonight. Have to think if it is really worth it for the every so often that it will run...

I hate summer heat, really I do.

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Originally posted by sphereboy
soooooooooooooo DVI to VGA would not work.

I should stick with Dr. Bott? [ADC to VGA]

Unless you upgraded to the GF4Ti... :D Which has an ADC and DVI connection... :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.