Dual 2.7 Shortages

engelhart

macrumors member
Original poster
May 23, 2004
Just noticed on the Apple Store in the UK, the Dual 2.7 were at 5-7 days shipping yesterday but today they have slipped to 3-4 weeks. Also now at 5-7 days at the US store.

Looks like we are back to either the good old high end powermac shortage days or my guess/hope that we might see a powermac update at the Paris Expo (I am moving to the States in September and want a new Mac!)

Simon

highres

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2005
Near the Singularity
it took me about 3 weeks to get mine, of course I had them configure a lot of extras so it took them a little longer...I feel for ya though because I counted the days after I ordered it and almost went nuts waiting for it...What was even worse is that my 30" ACD arrived two weeks before the tower, so I had to sit there and stare at it for 2 weeks until the tower arrived, however the wait was worth it... :D

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
It's possible that we could see an update at the Paris Expo. Especially since Steve will be giving a Keynote. Maybe it will be the long awaited dual core. Should be shipping just in time for Christmas.

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
engelhart said:
Just noticed on the Apple Store in the UK, the Dual 2.7 were at 5-7 days shipping yesterday but today they have slipped to 3-4 weeks. Also now at 5-7 days at the US store.

Looks like we are back to either the good old high end powermac shortage days or my guess/hope that we might see a powermac update at the Paris Expo (I am moving to the States in September and want a new Mac!)

Simon
i also want a new powermac. but wouldn't that be too early?
that would be only 130 days between updates or so.

the only reason for the early update i can see is that the last update was only a speedbump by 200MHz. But the motherboard and casing are still the same.

i would be happy with a significant pricedrop on the dual g5 2.3. throw in airport/bluetooth for free, 1 gig ram, pricedrop on the GPU's.

even if they realease dual cores they won't be much faster than the dual g5's, so what's the point?

andi