Dual 2007WFP vs Dell 2407

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by jellz, May 25, 2007.

1. jellz macrumors regular

So I was wondering what you guys think :) I'll be hooking it up to a MBP, and using it for checking emails, facebooking, youtubing, and occasional games. I really like the idea of having two monitors for typing a paper on one screen and surfing the net on the other, but on the other hand I've heard a lot of great things about the Dell 24". Any advice would be appreciated.

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

And how exactly would you hook two externals to one MBP?

3. BestBuyBoy macrumors member

BestBuyBoy

I love it when the answer is so clear.... :p

4. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

5. jellz thread starter macrumors regular

6. Gordy macrumors 6502a

I've had both the 2407 and the 2007fp and I would recommend a single 2407 every time particularly over the 2007wfp. You just don't get enough screen space down the monitor with it as well as the gap between any two monitor setup.

7. Freyqq macrumors 68040

i'd get the 24". That accessory isn't true dual monitors. Instead it tricks the computer into thinking those 2 monitors are 1 big monitor. Therefore, the dock will stretch from one monitor to the other and a lot of other weird stuff. Also, your stuck with vga.

If you had a computer that could really handle 2 monitors like a mac pro or a pc i'd say 2 monitors tho b\c it is nice for the reasons you mentioned.

at the same time..the 24" should be big enough that you can have a web site and a document side by side with no problem.

8. tuartboy macrumors 6502a

tuartboy

I can verify it is.

Get the 24" for the aforementioned reasons.