Dual 867 MDD fan issue

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by DesmoPilot, Jan 21, 2010.

1. DesmoPilot macrumors 65816

Bought this system just over a year ago and have not had any issue's with it besides this little nit pick. While it's hooked up to a 17" ADC display that came with the system the fans rev up and down depending on the CPU load and are generally quite quiet. Unfortunately when I hook the system up to my 20" first revision DVI apple cinema display the fans are at 100% no matter whats going on. I would like the fans to behave with the 20" they way they do with the 17" ADC display, anyone know if this is possible?

Complete system spec's are in sig, I also have USB card in it and an SCSI card.

2. MacintoshMaster macrumors 6502

MacintoshMaster

I'm not too sure but my fans on my powermac g4 are quite loud - maybe it's normal?

3. flatfoot macrumors 65816

Might also be the graphics card's fan if it's not passively cooled.

4. chet.d macrumors member

I can only add that years ago when I bought my dual 867 new as soon as it came out... that a few months later there was some kind of a free power supply / fan upgrade offered by Apple. I got that and a Mac tech friend at the time put it in for me. That took card of my issue. Not sure where to direct you now though.