Dual Apple 24" LED Cinema Displays on Mac Pro - Cable Length

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Desmo1098, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Desmo1098 macrumors regular

Desmo1098

Is anyone using dual Apple 24" LED Cinema Displays on a Mac Pro?

If so, how is the cable length?

Where is your Mac Pro located in reference to the displays?

2. VirtualRain macrumors 603

VirtualRain

3. Desmo1098 thread starter macrumors regular

Desmo1098

Ouch... Yeah I am kind of on the fence, for one of my machines, about purchasing the Apple Cinema Displays. Ideally on one of the machines I was considering 4 x Cinema Displays, but I like to have a clean setup. I do not want cables stretching and laying all over the place. I do not like introducing extensions either.

It amazes me how Apple could not offer a removable cable for the mini-display port, USB, and power connector. I mean it would make so much sense so you could order the length you need, in addition ordering it without the power connector if you do not plan to use it with the MacBook Pro.

p.s. I really like MonoPrice

4. Freis968 macrumors 6502a

Freis968

My Apple Cinema 24" will be here within the next couple days. I purchased it off of Amazon.com for $715.00 plus $36 for shipping brand new from JR Something. I went ahead and ordered that extension from monoprice since I have read all the reviews about how short the cables from the Cinema are. I likewise like a nice, clean setup without extensions, but what the heck are we to do? I have absolutely no use for the magsafe cable, perhaps I can just cut that off...LOL! Just kidding. Hopefully the extensions for the mini displayport and USB will work out just fine for me.

5. strausd macrumors 68030

Right now I have my 24" hooked up to my MBP and the cable is a perfect link. I think that is what Apple was originally going for with the display, considering it has magsafe power... But I ordered my MP the 9th and quickly realized that the length of the cable will probably be too short and order that cable from Amazon. Should be here fairly soon.

6. dsa420 macrumors 6502

I have 3 of the 24" LED displays hooked into my MP and had to purchase 3 cables from monoprice. Clearly these displays were intended to be used with MBP's (I believe this is how they market them actually).

Wonder if the new ones will have longer cables