Dual Boot help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by koston33, Mar 13, 2011.

1. koston33 macrumors member

So I just finished downloading windows 7 ultimate. How to I go about using bootcamp to use the recently downloaded os?

2. jspec macrumors member

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3986

3. koston33 thread starter macrumors member

So I installed windows 7. Its up and working. The only thing is I have no network adapters installed. I went to device manager and there is nothing there. I can't connect via wireless or when connecting an Ethernet cord. I know I'm asking a windows question, but has anyone else experience this. Also My track pad isn't working. It clicks but there is no way to do a right click. When under device manager there is a space called other devices. Under there is has USB controller, ethernet controller, facetime hd camera, network controller, etc. But they all have an exclamation mark next to all of them. It says that they are not installed.

4. The49er, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2011

The49er macrumors newbie

If you have your system disc, insert it and install the Bootcamp drivers for windows. This should take care of your driver problems. If your MS 7 disc is still in the drive with the notebook on, you'll simply have to use the pointer to eject the disc by highlighting the drive, and clicking the eject button in the menu bar towards the top of the "Computer" window.

5. koston33 thread starter macrumors member

My macbook pro came with two cd's your saying I have to use the one that says everything mac? I just have to run windows then when in windows run the cd?

6. whyzdom macrumors regular

The CD contains the files necessary to make bootcamp work in windows, as well as windows device drivers for your pc. So, boot into windows then install the device drivers/files from that CD and all will be well.