Dual Boot osx 10.5.8 & 10.2 Help!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Savatage99, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Savatage99, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012

Savatage99 macrumors newbie

Here's the senario. I have an eMac 10.2 which also supports Os9 and some programs. I got a Mac Pro running 10.5.8 to replace said machine. Unfortunately 10.5 doesn't support any Os9.

So for some work applications I just continued to use the emac.
    now the emac has the "lost the ability to drop & drag" problem, so I'm looking back to the Mac pro.

I partitioned the Mac pro to two drives. I figured perhaps I can create a dual boot one into 10.5 & one into the old 10.2 that supports Os9. I have the emac install disk, but when i click on the install mac osx option all it says is click the button below (RESART) and begin the installation process. Yet, it just restarts nothing happens.

Is it because I'm trying to install and older version? I can't seem to boot the mac from CD either.

So what are my options here? complete reformat the mac pro - lose the os10.5 and try to reinstall it fresh with 10.2 (which would be fine).

or is there a way to make my "drive 2" bootable so I can install/restore right to that disk without disturbing "disk 1"?

Note: when rebooting if I hold the "c" key down all I get is the "folder face & Question mark" flashing then it boots into the reg 10.5 ox.

2. itickings macrumors 6502a

itickings

There's no Mac Pro that can run any OSX older than 10.4 Tiger, due to the CPU architecture. And even if it could, you are not allowed to use the eMac installation disc unless it is a retail copy and not the one delivered with the computer...

3. Savatage99 thread starter macrumors newbie

I see. Do you know of any way or product that allows the running of os9 on 10.5+. perhaps an emulator or vurtual window