dual boot vs only having windows 7 mac

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bstanko30, Dec 6, 2009.

1. bstanko30 macrumors newbie

Hi!!! I'm starting to work as an Electronic Medical Records Coordinator, and need a laptop for work. My father has sworn by Macs for years, and i've recently done a lil research to prove that macs are great and better than pc's.

SO... here is my dilemna --> When i used my mom's mac at her home on the program that runs all the elctronic medical records at my work, some of the pull down/drop down menus didn't work and there was no SAVE button when i write a treatment/medication order which a SAVE button is very important. So i was thinking about getting a mac still but making it dual boot, or boot windows 7 or XP only? If i do that do i still have to buy norton or mcafee antivirus etc.?

the cool thing about the program that my work uses is that its internet based. so could i still get a mac that has a regular operating system (instead of buying windows 7) and downlaod internet explorer to use for the program other than the safari?

i put a call into the place that owns cueshift to see if the programmer had any ideas or solutions to my problem... He did get back to me and said that his software is not supporting JAVA.

if you have any ideas or solutions for me please help!!! you can email me at bstanko30@live.com

2. umiwangu macrumors 6502

If the problems you're having had to do with Safari, I would highly recommend still running just Mac OS, but using a different browser, like Firefox. If the website requires IE, then you could try using IE for Mac.

And yes, if you did run Windows, you would have to get antivirus.

Another possibility would be purchasing virtual machine software like VMWare or Parallels and run Windows as a virtual machine, just for using IE though.

3. windels macrumors regular

windels

there is also opera, and there is a beta from google chrome for mac available, try those?