Dual booting fully loaded 2015 Macbook Pro 13" vs. 15"?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by cogden14, Apr 27, 2015.

1. cogden14 macrumors newbie

I plan to buy a new Macbook Pro this year as I enter college as a CS Student. I also plan to dual boot this laptop with Windows and OS X for obvious reasons and was hoping someone could offer some insight as for the performance of Windows on the 13". The specs will be as follows:

3.1GHz dual‑core Intel Core i7 processor
    16 GB RAM
    1 TB flash storage
    Intel Iris Graphics 6100

I'm debating getting the 13" for the portability or waiting for the 2015 15" for the quad-core processor. Will the dual-core i7 be able to handle the dual boot or do y'all (yes I'm from Texas) think I should wait for the 15" model?

P.S. I will be using this laptop for programming, web browsing, watching videos, photoshop, occasional video editing, rare gaming.

2. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Any Mac can handle it.

But if you're going for the 13", I don't see the point of an i7 processor, since it's still a dual core part and only about 5% faster than the baseline 2.7GHz i5 (as evidenced by Geekbench values).

3. doynton macrumors 6502

Get the 13" It is smaller and much more convenient to carry around.

Specs aren't too interesting these days unless you want to run multiple VM's and you would do that at home anyway.