Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ariii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
I've recently installed Debian on my Indigo iBook, and it's working beautifully; however it shows a flashing floppy disk upon trying to boot back into MacOS 9 while it is still recognized as a bootable MacOS 9 drive and the files can be seen from Linux. Is there a way I can make it bootable or a way I can boot it from Open FirmWare?

Sorcerer1

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2012
During install of Debian did you let Partition Manager erase HD and let debian take all of it or did you parition it? You most likely have to reinstall OS9 from CD, I don`t know the clamshell well, but I doubt any OS recovery partition is stored there.

MacinDan

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
Try starting up with a MacOS 9 install cd, run Drive Setup, highlight your hard drive, and from one of the menus choose Update Drivers. There's a longstanding bug in the Debian installer that messes up the MacOS driver partitions, but this should fix it.

Ariii

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
Chicago
Try starting up with a MacOS 9 install cd, run Drive Setup, highlight your hard drive, and from one of the menus choose Update Drivers. There's a longstanding bug in the Debian installer that messes up the MacOS driver partitions, but this should fix it.
Thanks, this worked!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.