Dual booting with Windows vista is causing a time issue...is there a fix for this?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by inimitablesikh, May 3, 2009.

1. inimitablesikh macrumors newbie

Hey everybody; I use both Mac and Vista. I need the time for Vista to be correct for it is what I use for main business purposes at work. At home I use both...However when I fix the time on Windows Vista that makes the time on Mac OS X wrong...I know this is a dual boot issue...is there any fix for this? Or is there a third party app I can use to display my manually set time in the mac task/toolbar?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

It is a known bug, but I thought it had been fixed
    Are you using Leopard and is your system up to date?

You can check here for a discussion, but there are others on this board and in Google searches.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

While it is a known issue it's not a bug per-se and there is nothing to fix. IIRC, Mac OS X assumes the system time is stored as GMT and then adjusts the display according to the user's time zone. Windows, on the other hand, assumes the system time is stored as the current timezone. The problem appears when you reboot into Windows, it sees the 'incorrect' time and tries to fix it for you. I'm not sure if Apple is still including the file or not, but when I installed the Bootcamp driver package, there was a file installed called "AppleTime.exe". If you set this up as a service it should automatically adjust the time for you.

Here is a link with a couple other solutions.

4. inimitablesikh thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks man that should help, even on my OS86 machine