Dual Core powerbooks soon????

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Yes, next Tuesday. With X-Brite widescreens and DL DVD burners. And, erm, the first ten thousand buyers will receive a lifetime supply of donuts. Mmmm....donuts. :D

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
dsharits said:
Wow, there's not even quad-layer DVD's yet!!! Apple sure is going ahead of it's time with this update! :rolleyes:
And also, the iBook will be so amazingly fast, that in order to keep the distinction between the iBook and the Powerbook, the new powerbooks will be encrusted with Rhinestones, and yet weigh a pound less than they do now. And the iBooks will get 20 hours of battery life. And someday, humans will walk on the moon! :eek: :eek: :D

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
mkrishnan said:
And also, the iBook will be so amazingly fast, that in order to keep the distinction between the iBook and the Powerbook, the new powerbooks will be encrusted with Rhinestones, and yet weigh a pound less than they do now. And the iBooks will get 20 hours of battery life. And someday, humans will walk on the moon! :eek: :eek: :D
I've also heard that the hard drives in the iBooks and PowerBooks will be replaced with 2.5 TB flash drives! :p

BTW, humans have already walked on the moon. ;)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
dsharits said:
BTW, humans have already walked on the moon. ;)
No, that was a government conspiracy filmed in Hollywood. :p :eek: :D

Oh, and also, with every purchase of an iBook, a small donation will be made to achieve world peace. If we work together, we can all live as one. :D

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
mkrishnan said:
No, that was a government conspiracy filmed in Hollywood. :p :eek: :D

Oh, and also, with every purchase of an iBook, a small donation will be made to achieve world peace. If we work together, we can all live as one. :D
All we need to do is purchase about 7 billion iBooks (an iBook for everyone on earth) to achieve world peace.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
mkrishnan said:
How could anyone have anything other than peace if they owned a computer that cute? :D
Peace would be guaranteed. Now if we bought everyone on earth a Dell Inspiron...well, you get the picture!

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2003
Vancouver
mkrishnan said:
Yes, next Tuesday. With X-Brite widescreens and DL DVD burners. And, erm, the first ten thousand buyers will receive a lifetime supply of donuts. Mmmm....donuts. :D
Yea I'm thinking of getting a Sony Vaio.

cooknwitha

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2005
London
I can't find the topic through all the sarcasm. :D

I don't think Apple will make any exciting advancements until they go Intel.

mcarnes

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2004
USA! USA!
cooknwitha said:
I can't find the topic through all the sarcasm. :D
The question was: "think we'll see an update for dual core powerbooks? then ibooks running at 1.6 ghz?"

The answer is yes, no, maybe. Take your pick.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Cooknn said:
X-Brite screens are overrated - unless you like looking at yourself while you work :eek:
Don't look at me. I don't want one. There's just a thread at least every third day here complaining about their absence in the Apple notebooks. :rolleyes: