Dual Display Docking

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ckxnlol, Jun 5, 2018.

1. ckxnlol macrumors newbie

Hi,

We're currently evaluating our next-generation laptop rollout service and have an eye on the nTB 13". Right now we're still using previous (non USB-C) generation 13" and 15" rMBP in use. As we're utilising an open desk policy at work across our offices, there's a need for a fixed setup with no dongle usage when docked in. Therefore, I'm looking for a USB-C docking solution that can handle two individual displays.

However, I can only seem to find screen mirroring or whatsoever when using OS X, while it seems to work with bootcamp. Is there any update on this? I can hardly believe the current gen models are missing such a substantial feature?

It'll be hard to justify investment costs for additional items given that we're looking into replacing several hundreds of models in a couple of rollout batches.

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

3. Painter2002 macrumors 6502a

Painter2002

I do want to note that it appears that this hub can connect to two displays, but those two displays will be the same extended desktop image (they will both show the same image).

upload_2018-6-18_12-2-43.png

If you are looking to have two separate desktops displayed on each external monitor, then you will need to look into one of the Caldigit TS docks. http://www.caldigit.com/thunderbolt-3-dock/thunderbolt-station-3/