dual display question externa for rmbp late 2012

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mcash1, Apr 1, 2013.

1. mcash1 macrumors newbie

HI,

I'm looking to run two external monitors. I have a late 2012 rMBP 13 ". I already have a thunderbolt 27" inch display - that's very straigtforward. I would like to purchase a second external monitor. I do not want to purchase a second TB display - I want to keep my connectivity options open.

It's a deal breaker for me if I can't run 2560x on the Dell - in order to get that resolution, I understand I need to buy this -> Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter?

SORRY for the double post - couldn't figure out how to adjust the title

2. simsaladimbamba

As the ATD has two TB ports, you can use one to connect that MDP to DVI adapter or another MDP to DP cable, if that unknown 27" display supports that.

To edit your thread title, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

3. mcash1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you on both counts my man.

Yeah I'm gonna pick up a DELL U2713H.

Thanks again, much appreciated.

4. IGregory, Apr 1, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2013

IGregory macrumors 6502a

IGregory

When you are up and running with it could you report back with a review in the this thread or send me a private message? I've been holding out for Apple's new Thunderbolt Display but I am not averse to getting the Dell U2713H. Thanks

5. Hackintosh Sr. macrumors regular

U2713H has display port, so you just need a minidisplay port to display port cable I believe.