Dual Display Set Up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JamesGorman, Oct 12, 2010.

1. JamesGorman macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

Hello Everyone,

As of late, I have been running my macbook pro open, with a single monitor running beside it. I have come to the conclusion that I would benefit from two large monitors while working at home. I know I need to buy the dualhead2go DP edition, but what Im not sure about is the cables I need to hook up to my monitors. I haven't yet decided what two monitors I am going to hook up to it, although they will be exactly the same and have HDMI connections. What I am planning on doing is Getting the Dual Head 2 go, along with 2 DisplayPort to HDMI converters, and 2 HDMI cables, Correct me if Im wrong, but this should work? Also, If anyone is currently using a dual head to go, how is the performance? I wont be doing any gaming, so that is not an issue, but for day to day tasks I assume everything will run fine? Im running the 330 in my 15' MBP.

Thanks

2. JamesGorman thread starter macrumors 65816

JamesGorman

3. cubiczech macrumors newbie

Matrox solution acts only as a one big screen. So the performance will be ok.

You may also have some problems with fullscreen applications, like video playback, because its one big screen (but divided into two monitors), the video will be centered in the bezel area...

I used triple head to go on older MBP and it was ok, great for music sequencers.