dual display

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ageless40, Dec 19, 2011.

1. ageless40 macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

I just bought my first mac i am coming from a pc all my life and just bought a new 2011 mac book pro and wow i cant believe it took me so long i am loving it. I only have one question i been looking and cant find a good way to connect 2 monitors to the mbp. I would like to bring my laptop to the office and connect my 2 monitors and stop working on a pc. I saw matrox dualhead2go but dont want to really spend close to 300$ just to bring it to work is there any other options

thanks in advance

2. monsieurpaul, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011

monsieurpaul macrumors regular

- A mini Displayport to DVI (or VGA) adapter for your main screen
    - A USB to DVI adapter for your secondary screen (because of the lag, you don't want to use this screen for fullscreen video/3D, but for coding or text editing in general it's works well). You should take one using the DL-195 chip for the best result.

Or you can wait for a Thunderbolt -> 2 DVI adapter that might arrive one day.

3. colshine macrumors regular

colshine

You can also use a Matrox DualHead2Go DP Edition to connect two monitors to the MBP.

4. nutmac macrumors 68040

I have a dual display setup myself (Thunderbolt), but I frankly hate this setup.

Mainly, OS X shows menu bar ONLY on the primary display and mouse pointer is often difficult to locate. There are few third party apps to improve the situation (but with some downsides), but I wish OS X was better designed for multiple displays out of the box.

5. NogbadTheBad macrumors regular

NogbadTheBad

6. ageless40 thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks alot i think i will go with the stand and one external monitor now and when they come out with the dual dp i will get that