Dual DisplayPort dongle

shamelin73

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2019
East Texas
I know this has been asked and have read a few forums but have not seen anything really good as to which dongle to use. There are a few that have Dual DisplayPort. I have seen a couple with Dual DisplayPort with network connection.

I don’t mind haveing the network connection but just need the Dual DisplayPort.

What are you using and or recommend?

I have a 18 MBP 15 with the AMD card

Last edited:

Porterhouse

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2011
USA
I use two of the startech adapters to drive four monitors. Flawless.
Four monitors! Impressive! I've gotten up to three at work, but that's with my work-issued Windows machine.

Any chance any of those monitors are portable? I'd like to find an inexpensive portable monitor that runs off USB-C for my MBP.

Porterhouse

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2011
USA
I think that'd be the one built into your laptop?
Good one!

I saw a portable monitor---excuse me, external portable monitor!--on indiegogo (kind of like kickstarter) where the monitor hooks on to the laptop and acts as a dual monitor. It made me wonder if anything like that was already out there; I found a variety of monitors powered by USB-C via Amazon that might work and less expensively.

Stephen.R

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2018
Thailand