iPhone XS Dual eSIM?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jmmo20, Nov 25, 2018.

1. jmmo20 macrumors 65816

Hi

I recently switched my main line to eSim as I thought I would be buying local sims in destinations my carrier didn't offer inclusive roaming.

However I then found out about Gigsky and Truephone's eSim solutions.

Do you think Apple might ever allow or implement dual Esim support (i.e. two eSims simultaneously) instead of physical sim plus eSim? is it even possible hardware wise?

Also, why can't I disable the physical sim like I can disable esims? I might be able to buy a Truephone physical sim and carry it inside my phone all the time but I would only want it enabled when travelling.

2. CC424 macrumors regular

Apple has a China and Hong Kong version with 2 physical sims. How did you use the esim? Been trying for a mont and AT&T won’t allow it.

3. 1rottenapple macrumors 68000

I just used gigsky for my over seas trip in Asia. It was great. Landed and turned off airplane mode. Internet was active. I booked a grab (uber equivalent) right away and into my hotel. Price was 1gb for 15 days for $20. Very reasonable. I didn’t go over it. I travel overseas once a year and dual esim will be awesome going forward.

4. Vermifuge macrumors 68000

Vermifuge

Thanks for that. I'm planing a trip and was thinking about using gigsky

5. d123 macrumors 68000

d123

iOS 12.1.1 adds the ability to disable the physical sim.

6. 1rottenapple macrumors 68000

Yah it’s great! Peace of mind. Usually when I land I have to find the a local sim carrier. Then activate.

7. 1rottenapple macrumors 68000