iPhone XS Dual eSIM?

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
Hi

I recently switched my main line to eSim as I thought I would be buying local sims in destinations my carrier didn't offer inclusive roaming.

However I then found out about Gigsky and Truephone's eSim solutions.

Do you think Apple might ever allow or implement dual Esim support (i.e. two eSims simultaneously) instead of physical sim plus eSim? is it even possible hardware wise?

Also, why can't I disable the physical sim like I can disable esims? I might be able to buy a Truephone physical sim and carry it inside my phone all the time but I would only want it enabled when travelling.

CC424

macrumors regular
Mar 8, 2009
Apple has a China and Hong Kong version with 2 physical sims. How did you use the esim? Been trying for a mont and AT&T won’t allow it.

1rottenapple

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2004
I just used gigsky for my over seas trip in Asia. It was great. Landed and turned off airplane mode. Internet was active. I booked a grab (uber equivalent) right away and into my hotel. Price was 1gb for 15 days for $20. Very reasonable. I didn’t go over it. I travel overseas once a year and dual esim will be awesome going forward.

Reactions: Vermifuge

Vermifuge

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2009
I just used gigsky for my over seas trip in Asia. It was great. Landed and turned off airplane mode. Internet was active. I booked a grab (uber equivalent) right away and into my hotel. Price was 1gb for 15 days for $20. Very reasonable. I didn’t go over it. I travel overseas once a year and dual esim will be awesome going forward.
Thanks for that. I'm planing a trip and was thinking about using gigsky

Reactions: 1rottenapple

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
Hi

I recently switched my main line to eSim as I thought I would be buying local sims in destinations my carrier didn't offer inclusive roaming.

However I then found out about Gigsky and Truephone's eSim solutions.

Do you think Apple might ever allow or implement dual Esim support (i.e. two eSims simultaneously) instead of physical sim plus eSim? is it even possible hardware wise?

Also, why can't I disable the physical sim like I can disable esims? I might be able to buy a Truephone physical sim and carry it inside my phone all the time but I would only want it enabled when travelling.
iOS 12.1.1 adds the ability to disable the physical sim.