dual iphone household syncing

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by eware3000, Mar 10, 2010.

1. eware3000 macrumors newbie

2 iphones, 1 iTunes Account, 2 computers (mac/pc).
    I'm getting a new iphone on friday, and giving my old one to my wife. i want to know the best way to go about sharing music and apps.

would it be easier to set her up on the pc with itunes (still using my account), re-download the apps and share the music library? not sure if you can sync to a shared itunes library or not??? In theory this sounds good...but who knows.

All guidance will be greatly appreciated, as I will be setting this up on Friday.

2. jbennardo macrumors 6502a

jbennardo

If you set her up on the PC with your iTunes account info, then you could probably use the "home sharing" option to transfer the content she wants (apps and music)

Even if you have to re-download the apps, they are free because you share the itunes account.

I'm sure -aggie- will chime in shortly to help out. Good luck!

3. eware3000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Edit to Original Post

Ok ,so I need to edit this. I will now be syncing both iPhones to the same mac. d like to share music and apps using 1 iTunes account. Syncing contacts is not as issue. Only my contacts/calendar will be synced to my phone and none to hers. only music/vid/apps.

So do I set up another user on my mac, so she has her own iTunes or will iTunes recognize the 2 different iphones.

4. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

iTunes will recognize different phones and each phone will have it's own individual Sync settings.

5. eware3000 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll let you know how it goes 2morrow.