Dual iphone iPad wall charger

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tl01, Nov 11, 2012.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

Is there such a thing that will charge both at the same time... An iPad 3 and an iPhone 5... And won't over hear the iPhone by charging it too quickly.

2. darster Suspended

3. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

I noticed that it says 2.1 A... Isn't that too much for the iPhone. I read different things about damaging it by charging it too quickly. Otherwise that looks perfect.

4. GMArthur macrumors newbie

GMArthur

I have this plugged into the outlet by my desk. http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Mini-Surge-Protector-Chargers/dp/B0017HF3XO

It has been charging two or three cell phones at a time for a long time now and we've never had a problem (people always stop by my desk and throw their phones on my surge) - the factory I work in the power fluctuates and nobody wants to fry their phone.

5. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

6. B2FiNiTY macrumors member

try the ones made by kensington, belkin, etc

using a 2.1a(max) charger will charge your phone at 1.0a (max). the ipad/iphone autodetects how much it needs and will only charge that amount.

7. DanielCoffey, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012

DanielCoffey macrumors 65816

DanielCoffey

Correct - this is why you can put a 0.5A iPhone onto the 1A Apple iPad charger and it doesn't mind. The iDevice asked the charger for an allocation of power up to its limit.

It works the other way round too... The 1.0A iPad asks the 0.5A charger "Whaddya got?" and makes do with what it's given.

8. YUOWI Suspended

9. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

Ended up ordering this one but will keep the others in mind if it doesn't work out. Don't know why I didn't think of this earlier. I like to charger all my devices in the same spot upstairs and I usually wait til one is done and then switch out the cord. Pretty ridiculous;). I think I'll like this one bc it will be nice for traveling Bc it can be set up into different positions when using it in a surge protector etc.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/845919-REG/iLuv_IAD710WHT_RockWall_Dual_USB.html