Dual Link DVI To Mini

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dissdnt, Jul 7, 2009.

1. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

So I heard there's been a lot of issues with this dvi to mini that Apple sells for there new macbooks. I'm getting a new macbook pro tomorrow and I want to hook it up to my 30 inch dell like I am with my current macbook but im worried there's going to be issues.

Is everyone having issues or this is just a rare occurrence?

2. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

3. Stu Pidasl macrumors newbie

It is definitely still an issue...

I still have the issue and have pretty much given up hope on Apple providing a solution. I have a 15" Unibody MBP (Late 2008) and a Dell 3007 WFP-HC. It usually loses sync several times a day and always if the computer goes into sleep mode. I have installed every update to date and none have helped.

I already had the monitor when I purchased the Macbook Pro and didn't feel I had any option other than to proceed forward with the purchase and live with the issue and hope for a future fix. That was 7 months ago. I wanted a MacBook Pro and I already had a 30 inch monitor that I insisted on using. I didn't have much of a choice but to accept the issue.

My mbp usb port is getting over used, because to resolve the sync issue, the best way is to unplug the dual linki dvi adapter's usb from the mbp, let the display revert back to the mbp display only, then replug the dual link adapter's usb back in.

This is an extremely frustrating and disappointing bug to have, but I have managed to live with it. I love using the 30" display.

4. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak