Dual Mini Rack?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by mrxak, Sep 15, 2015.

1. mrxak macrumors 68000

Drifting through space in a broken escape pod
    I'm looking to set up a compact rack for two Mac Minis (the newer design), with hopefully enough room for everything to breathe, and of course access to the ports. If there's shelves for some external hard drives as well, even better, though unnecessary.

Anyone know of any such thing? I know there are standard 1U rack mounts for multiple minis, but that's overkill for my purposes, and I'd like to have the minis stacked on top of each other, or vertical side-by-side so they have as small a footprint as possible. If I just wanted two minis next to each other horizontally, I'd do what I'm doing now and just have them sitting together on one shelf without any sort of rack.

2. mrxak thread starter macrumors 68000

Drifting through space in a broken escape pod
    If you'd read my second paragraph, you'd know that's not at all what I'm looking for.

3. G4er? macrumors 6502a

I would look in unusual places for something that can be used for your purpose.
    The office accessory sections of Staples, Walmart, etc for wood or metal letter trays, desk shelves, etc.
    Maybe even stackable storage bins.
    Also check out those items at The Container Store if one is near you.

4. paulrbeers macrumors 68040

I'm not sure what you are looking for then.... You are already using a shelf. For something that is specifically designed to hold two Mini's, that's about it. Anything else is a DIY solution. I'm going out on a limb here (/sarcasm), but I really doubt there is a lot of demand for a shelf/rack that is specific to holding two Mini's.

I personally have 3 Mini's (2 x 2012's and a 2014) stacked on top of each other in a square cubby under my desk, but it doesn't give me easy access to the ports.