Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pizz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
Wondering what if any games can support dual monitors for mac. I have a 2009 Mac Mini with two 22" monitors set up (1680x1050).
i have Call of Duty 4, TOCA 3 and a few others and would really like to take advantage of the two monitor setup :apple:

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
What do you want to see on the other monitor? I think there's been one game I can recall (Serious Sam 2?) that used dual monitors but the 2nd monitor was just used to display monster stats. You really don't want to split your view across two screens.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Besides flight simulations or some driving simulations, there are really no games that does multiple displays.

People have split the signal from 1 "screen" and output to 2 displays, but then that's using hardware.

Tsubame

macrumors member
May 11, 2009
Since many MMOs have highly modular UIs, they can often be configured to handle dual-displays well. For example, I have seen World of Warcraft setups that use a second monitor just for maps, quest helps, character stats, etc. with the main game playing on the first screen.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Well if you're going to play dual-monitor, make sure the game supports optimizing support for both screens; whether it be shooters to role playing, dual monitor means your cross-hairs or character will be smack in the middle where the gap between those 2 screens lie; that would be no fun.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.