Dual Monitor Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JMacPro, Jan 14, 2013.

1. JMacPro macrumors member

I have a 7392600B1GA (Late 2008) MBP. I use a Samsung 24" TV as a second monitor on my desk. One day I was going to a friend's house, so I unplugged my computer from my setup to bring it. When I came home to plug it all back in, my desktop wouldn't show up. It is on the correct input and the cables are good. I am using a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI cable. Please help ASAP.

Thanks
    JMacPro

2. jiannichan macrumors newbie

Do you have another hdmi cable to try? Try connecting it to a different monitor or tv?

3. JMacPro thread starter macrumors member

I don't have another HDMI cable to try it with. I did, however, test it on another TV and I am still having the same issue.

4. jiannichan macrumors newbie

Sorry for the late response. Have you gotten this issue resolved? The thing about HDMI cables are that they are digital, so they will either work or wont. It could also be the MiniDP to HDMI converter. I have a few of the MiniDP convert to go to HDMI, VGA and DVI but I only use the DVI one. Just go buy a cheap HDMI cable and try it out, if it works, great and if not, just return it.

5. dma550 macrumors 6502

likely your desktop was on the external, this happened to me once. I had to fully reset.

6. Freyqq macrumors 68040

be sure to plug the adapter and the hdmi in as a unit together rather than the adapter first and then the hdmi