Dual Monitor movements?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by gmenfan83, Dec 25, 2011.

1. gmenfan83 macrumors newbie

I got another monitor for my iMac today and now that I have dual monitors it's great but is there a way to disable trackpad movement on the secondary monitor? When I gesture with my trackpad the gesture acts on both screens, rather just one. I would like it so that all that's on my secondary monitor is what I drag and drop there and it stays there and that's it. Is there any way to do this? Also when I have a window open on my secondary monitor and maximize it transfers to full screen on my primary monitor, anyway to fix this as well? Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

I also have mirror display DISABLED at the moment.

2. robgendreau macrumors 68040

Sorry; can't do it. In Lion the full screen on one monitor just blanks the other. Lots of folks complaining; add your name to the list.

And yeah the gestures work on both.

One kinda work-around is to make an application you want to have frozen on the second monitor visible on all desktops; then it "stays" there when you move from space to space.

Sure wish someone would come up with a good second monitor utility….

Rob

3. The-Pro macrumors 65816

Id love to be able to help you but I rage about this daily. I use dual screen setups all the time and I have a quad screen setup aswell. Its unbelievable that a company (apple) who offerred a mac pro with 4 GPU's for 8 screens has implemented multiple monitor setups that badly. Its discusting I think.