Dual Monitor Questions?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Fresh28, Dec 2, 2012.

1. Fresh28 macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I have a monitor I wanted to hook up to my 27" iMac and its a HP W2207H, but for it to pivot you must go into the settings and check a box. Is there any way to do this without using Windows? as I only have a MacBook Pro. Is there some way to do this on OSX or if I used a friend's PC to click the setting, would the settings remain (checked off as "pivot") when I switch it to the iMac after?

[​IMG]

2. THOPMedia macrumors regular

THOPMedia

I believe that switch is just to tell Windows that the monitor is turned sideways. It's not actually changing a setting on the monitor itself so setting it on your friends PC first would have no effect.

I have not connected a "spinny" monitor to a Mac before . . . It's a good question actually. I would think that there is a sensor in the monitor to tell the computer that the resolution is changing when it gets spun.

Else there should be a way to chage it in the menu system of the monitor itself.

3. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

OSX Allows you to spit out video in either orientation. It's not a setting in your monitor.

4. Macneck, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012

Macneck macrumors regular

Macneck

Correct. You can change orientation in the monitor settings of both SO. Nothing to touch in your monitor.

If you change the orientation in you friend's computer and then plug the monitor to your computer expecting to keep that orientation, it won't work as the settings are in the computer, not in the monitor. I mean it's your graphics card that says the monitor what to show and how.

5. Fresh28 thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought that as well, but it is not the case after doing some research.

Thank you for the info, so anxious now.

That makes sense (not sure what I was thinking), thanks!