dual monitor recommendations

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by longthizzz, Aug 19, 2015.

1. longthizzz macrumors regular

So .. this yr Im finally going the dual monitor set-up
    My budget is 200 per monitor .
    I'm looking for a 23-25 inch . thin bezel , must be matte finish and preferably something I can mount
    I don't need something top end cause I will only use for basic school stuff , web browsing and move watching
    any recommendations

2. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Have you looked at the Dell line of monitors. I have two of them and have had zero issues with them.

I know they have new monitors pretty much each year, maybe you can find one of the higher end models that was from last year.

3. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

4. Mikael H macrumors 6502

My take on it: If you feel the need for two $200 monitors, will one larger $400 monitor with a higher resolution cover your use case? It would probably make for a better viewing experience, provided you researched your options a bit before taking the plunge..

5. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

I don't disagree with that assessment - although I'm not sure that one can get a decent 4k monitor for $400 yet. But I switched from two monitors to a single 4k and am very happy with it. Love the extra desk space as well.

6. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.

Asus 248H-P

You can generally score them for $150-160-ish, NewEgg recently had them for $139 with a $20 MIB. Outstanding display, really the only thing lacking is the very basic stand (with limited adjustments), but if you're going with a VESA mount dual setup, that fixes that issue.

I picked up mine as Amazon Warehouse deals.

For reference:

Asus VS248H-P 24-Inch Full-HD LED-lit LCD Monitor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058UUR6E/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_RwS3vbNVVEXB6

7. D.T. macrumors 604

D.T.