Dual Monitor Setup Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by simi44, Apr 2, 2013.

1. simi44 macrumors newbie

I have just purchased a new apple thunderbolt display so I can do the whole dual monitor set up thing with my macbook air. I've got it set up in the extended desktop mode at the moment, with photoshop running on the new display. I have 2 desktops on my macbook air screen that I flick between (chrome on the first and itunes on the second).

When I flick between chrome and itunes with the thunderbolt display connected it flicks between the extended desktops also, making photoshop go off the screen.

Does anyone know how can I make it so that the external display shows a static desktop so that photoshop stays still whilst i flick between desktops on my air?

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

If you have an app (Chrome or iTunes) set to full-screen, it will be the only app visible. The 2nd display just greys out. Very annoying feature of Apple's full-screen implementation.

3. Joseph Farrugia macrumors regular

there, I fixed it for you ;)

Pressing Cmd+Shift+F toggles full screen on or off on Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6); & the other screen is still usable.

This is just one of the bugs Apple introduced in Lion & ML that are serious workflow issues to power users.