Dual Monitor Setup Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Madscotsman, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Madscotsman macrumors member

So I will be getting a new 13 inch rMBP through my work and I need some assistance with my external monitor setup. While my work is willing to get me the new computer, they are insisting that I continue to use the 2 monitors that I have now. The problem is that they are older analog monitors that use DVI connections to a docking station for my current Windows machine. Is it possible to run 2 Mini DisplayPort to DVI adapters at once on the rMBP?

2. jerryk macrumors 68030

Yes, it should work assuming it is a rMBP and the monitors are not too high resolution, which I suspect they are not.

I have a similar setup running on my desk, but my displays are flat panels, not CRTs, but still DVI, which is Digital, not Analog.

3. Madscotsman thread starter macrumors member

Mine are both flat panels as well, I guess I shouldn't have said analog, really just meant older monitors with only VGA or DVI capability. One is a Dell P2210 and the other is a Dell E228WFP.

4. jerryk macrumors 68030

Ok. Should work fine. I am using 2 of these adapters, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UHLC24O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

They work with VGA, HDMI, DVI, but I am sure there other brands that also work fine.

5. JTToft macrumors 68040